ArcoLinux and Xmonad
ArcoLinux is my favorite Linux distribution. Xmonad is my favorite window manager.
Why is ArcoLinux my number one?
- Arch Linux based - I consider Arch Linux to be the best Linux distribution for developers.
- Rolling release model - I’m getting the latest security fixes and new features as soon as possible.
- AUR - amazing collection of packages.
- YAY(yet another yogurt) - awesome AUR helper implemented in Go.
Why is Xmonad my favorite window manager?
- Does one thing and does it well. Minimalism at its purest form.
- No time wasted resizing and moving windows around. Xmonad does it for me.
- Mouse free. Strong emphasis on keyboard only usage.
- Uses Haskell for configuration. Haskell is one of my favorite programming languages. Using Haskell for my window manager is good for me because I learn a lot.
ArcoLinux is fast, cool and beautiful:
Start using it now!